What can you expect from the programme?
This intensive Summer School will bring students from top universities together in transnational, interdisciplinary teams to provide an accelerated course in Entrepreneurship and Intercultural Competence. Together, you will build an innovative business solution for an urgent global challenge. Participating universities are: the University of Edinburgh, University of Amsterdam, Nanyang Technological University, Jiangsu Education Services China, and the University of Sydney.
This project will create a unique opportunity for students to work in a multicultural team, observe different methods of teaching, learning and problem-solving that span three continents, create international networks and be taught by world class academics, and demonstrate in-demand skills for your CV.
Corona update: If safe and possible, the INCiTE 2022 Summer School is hoping to travel to Southeast Asia. In case the Summer School has to proceed in virtual instead of physical format, UvA students who have successfully completed the programme will receive a voucher for travel to Southeast Asia at a later stage. Students should expect to be fully vaccinated to join the INCiTE Summer School.
Text continues after photo
All current UvA students are eligible, as long as you have an active enrollment with UvA during the entire programme. This programme is especially suitable for students who can't go abroad for an extended period, and for students with financial needs (see 'What are the costs' below).
When and where?
The INCiTE summer school takes place 14-30 July 2022 in Southeast Asia (exact location to be announced). You should also expect preparatory events to meet your team and help you make the best of your experience, as well as post-mobility feedback events.
How much time is required?
The summer school is a full-time experience. You'll be asked to complete introductory exercises, as well as attend preparatory events and a reflective event afterwards.
What are the costs? And is a scholarship possible?
UvA-students can receive funding to cover the programme costs, accommodation and (part of your) travel. In the event of a virtual summer school, the funding will be converted to a travel voucher you can use to visit the original location at a later time. Successful completion of the virtual programme is a requirement to receive this voucher.
Is this a credit-bearing programme?
No, this programme is non-credit bearing. You will get the chance to experience working in an international environment and developing in-demand skills for your CV.
How can you apply?
You can apply for INCiTE 2022 via the application form below. During the application, you will be asked to:
- choose your top 3 of global challenges;
- answer short motivational questions;
- submit a 200-word recommendation letter written by a fellow student with whom you have worked together on a project. The letter should answer the question “what is it like to work with [name]?”.
The aim of these statements is to help you prepare and make the most of your experience.
- Applications for INCiTE 2022 close 11 April, 23:59 CEST.
- The results of the selection will be shared no later than 15 April 2022, 23:59 CEST.
- Selected students should confirm their spot before 21 April 2022, 15:00 CEST in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Selected students should attend the “Information session – Selected for INCiTE” on 21 April 2022, 16:00-17:00 CEST, to meet the full UvA delegation and start your journey together.
- If you cannot attend this session, you will be asked to watch the recording and submit a short assignment 26 April at the latest.
Join the information session!
Register for workshops hosted by the Office of International Student Affairs to get helpful tips to overcome the challenges in applying and how to prepare.
Please email us at email@example.com in case you have any questions!